Systems Development Services
In addition to the problems solving approach of user support, A. Jackson Information Technology also offers a development service to produce IT system geared to your business.
The main areas of expertise are listed below:
- Software Systems Development
- Producing and customising software and applications to achieve the customers business plans. All major applications are supported (e.g. MS Office, WordPerfect Office, Lotus SmartSuite) along with C, Basic and Pascal languages for software development.
- Database Development
- From simple Access databases to more sophisticated SQL based database servers systems to data warehouse projects; web linked data collection and distribution or e-commerce applications. Conversion and upgrading of existing data repositories to comply with future needs. We currently support the following databases: Access, SQLServer, MySQL (Solaris), mSQL (Solaris) and support large multi-platform data warehouse configurations of Oracle and Ingress.
- Networked Architecture Development
- Building networked systems to support file and print sharing; workflow and groupware applications; email and internet servers; video conferencing and integrating Unix and PC systems. We have expertise in such areas as MS Mail and Exchange; Lotus Notes; FirstClass; Sendmail and INN news servers.
- Intranet, Management Systems and Website Development
- We have experience of developing internal management information and document management networks as well as producing public facing websites. Implementations available in IIS4 and Apache (Solaris or NT).
- IT Strategy Development
- Producing future proof IT policies to ensure business objectives are met.
The following is a listing of work contracts:
- Trent Regional Heath Authority.
- Human resources system. Management of internal and seconded personnel.
- Development of hardware inventory and software license tracking database.
- Full facilities managed networked infrastructure and technical support.
- Trent Region Community Health Councils.
- NHS-wide messaging deployment project. Project management and installation of NHSnet access; X400 and SMTP messaging across 14 sites.
- NHSnet website project. Development of a central information site available to both public and NHSnet users.
- Sheffield Local Education Authority & Voluntary Services Partnership.
- Technical assistance is setting up and maintenance of the Children Mean Business and Sheffield Children First websites.
- Providing technical consultancy in relation to the setting up of a Local Information Service support wide-area network.
- Virtual Private Network assess to office files; central databases, email and diary systems for home workers.
- NHS Management Training Scheme.
- NHS MTS website development project.
- Order fulfilment and postal coding system.
- Age Concern Sheffield.
- Setup new central office network.
- VPN and wireless gateways.
- Integrated and fully managed IT / telephone system.